You've made it to my blog! welcome!

Let's hope you'll find something in here that you can relate to and that my writing is not a headache until you reach the end. I am currently a research student who is undergoing a stage of what many may refer to as the "imposter syndrome" which has led me to a lot of stress, finding relief in procrastinating, thus the result of creating a blog.

I'm also a fantastic mother who has done only one-quarter of the work in raising a beautiful 2-year-old daughter. Three-quarters of the time, I have a tribe taking care of my girl, thank you God for family, relatives and a tight-knit community in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific!

Through this blog, I'd like to share my experiences through my fieldwork which involves camping out in the woods for weeks and my visits home to Goroka, Eastern Highlands and Kerowagi and Gembogl Districts in Chimbu Province. I also hope to share some of the challenges and victories I've experienced during my study here at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

I've named this blog "between two worlds" because I feel that this is where my generation sits in the stage of development and lifestyle changes in Papua New Guinea. We have one foot into this highly technological and digitally advanced 21st-century world while the other foot sets itself in a culturally rich and complex setting very much keeping alive what our ancestors held onto generations ago. I am also just figuring life out as I go. I believe in learning from every situation and person that I meet with an empty and open mind and to respect everyone's journeys because each one has a story.

Stay tuned for more!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! looking forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merie, Thank you for your time to read through and your support.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Bakri,
      Thank you for reading through and for your support.
      Much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Gracey you are amazing scientist. Keep writing, love reading the great stories here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you reader,
      Appreciate the time you've taken to read and leave a comment.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to reading more...... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manus: Preparations, Sea and Rats!

Makan Nem, and a chicken sacrificed

Our Mama Dora